Thursday, June 23, 2011

White Bishop to c4

White Knight, gone. White Bard, gone. White Temple, gone. So many lost in one day, and countless more, unnamed, unnoticed. It brings me back. It really does. Unfortunately no resistance was mounted. I would have liked to see what some of you could come up with. It's all futile in the end, anyway. Surely you know that.

No, I am not lording my station over you. Everything is futile in the end. Sometime, somewhere, all our efforts will amount to nothing. In the end, all that will be left is the Black King.

And He won't even wait for the applause.

Fiddler

4 comments:

  1. Can I just point out that only two of them died on the same day and that none of them died today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't mean they were all lost on one day, as you have stated. If you're going to do a running commentary on the game, it pays to watch the clock. After all, how else will you know when you run out of time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, an hour here, a few hours there...I'm lost in the music. If and when my time does run out, I'll be too busy fiddling away to even notice.

    ReplyDelete